Tuesday, June 28, 2011

headed home

My trip has come to a close, and in about six hours I will board a plane to head back toward the states. It's kind of odd to think about I will actually be gaining time coming home, my total travel time is about 26 hours..but I'll arrive around 5:30, after leaving around 1am. I've had a wonderful time here, but I cannot wait to be home. It is a little weird for me feeling the slightest tinge of "homesickness"- it's very rare for me. But I am so eager to be home with my family and friends, enjoy the summer, and prepare for the new chapter of college I have to come in the next few weeks.

Reflecting back on my trip, I think some of my favorite parts were the most unexpected. Don't get me wrong- the breath taking beauty of the Taj Mahal and 26 hour train rides are things that I will never, never forget, but simple things like scooter rides in the rain with Christina, talking on the terrace with Hannah, and having dinner with kind and hospitable families both here in Chennai and in Pondicherry have brought me so much joy.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me and for taking interest in my adventures. I am so blessed to have so many people in my life who love me. I wish you all the best, and I will see you back in the States in 26 hours :)

Love, Abbey


Oh- and one last thing, I'll be making one last post within the next week just with some favorite pictures after I go though all of them and see what I have taken :) 

1 comment:

  1. And the clock starts.....NOW!!!!! You should be on your plane and headed down the runway for take off. :) :) :) We can not wait to have you home with us Abigail Jeanette! We love you so much.

    ReplyDelete