Thursday, June 16, 2011

headed to the Taj Mahal!

We've just been around Chennai this week, but I've gotten to try some new foods and we've been able to visit with a cousin and aunt that have been staying with us. Last night, we went on the terrace and watched the lunar eclipse. I have never seen one before, so it was really neat to watch, although I feel asleep around 2am, after it had reached "full totality", haha. It was pretty cloudy at first, but we ended up getting a really nice view. Also, yesterday, Hannah and I just rode around our neighborhood a little bit, getting intentionally lost,  which of course I love :)

I am SO, SO excited because tomorrow we leave for Agra (the Taj Mahal!!). It's unbelievable to think that after this week I will only have 6 more wonders of the world to see :). We didn't know if the trip was actually going to work out, because ALL the train tickets were sold out/on waiting list, but an uncle was able to go to the train station really early and got something worked out, so we are on our way tomorrow around 4:30 AM! Like I already said, I am SO stoked. The plans for the trip aren't set in stone yet, but we will be going to Agra first, seeing the Taj, the Agra Fort, and a couple of other sites, and then we could be potentially be visiting some other cities like Delhi or some farther north. This will be a first not only for me but for  Hannah and Christina as well, so I am really eager for us all to have a new adventure. We will be travelling by train (around 30 hours, I think) so that will be another thing to check off my "while in India" bucket list. I still REALLY want to ride an elephant, so I am definitely going to try to do that before I come home. 

We will be gone potentially until around the 25th (3 days before I head home), so I'm not sure how often, if at all, I will able to access the internet. I will do my best, as I know so many exciting things will be happening, but please understand if you don't hear from me. I will definitely be putting up pictures ASAP! 

Because I am leaving tomorrow and won't be able to post anything on Sunday, I wanted to go ahead and say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the best daddy in the world :) I miss you so much and sorry I can't be there, but I am taking lots of pictures to bring back. I love you so much!!

Hope everyone is having an incredible summer. Love on your dads this week :)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! (This picture was taken on one of our family excursions out in Utah)

No comments:

Post a Comment