Friday, June 10, 2011

lazy days

So the last few days have been pretty laid back, just hanging around the house. I've been playing Christina's guitar a little bit and am working on learning a song..very slowly..haha :) But things have been good. Last night, we went shopping for a little while and had dinner at McDonalds, which is VERY different. Here, the only meat served is chicken (as a lot of people are vegetarian or have other dietary restrictions), so they still have the McChicken, but they also have the McVeggie ( I thought you might enjoy that, Katie) and an egg burger..which just seemed pretty nasty to me, but who knows, maybe it'll be a big hit here in India. Last night, we also stopped by Nari, a sari shop, which was really interesting to see. They sell all sorts of saris and have tons of fabric for specially made saris. It seemed like somewhere that contestants in a "Project Runway: India" would visit, which was awesome.

On Wednesday night, the entire family went to the beach. I haven't seen it during the day yet, but it was fun to go at night to get ice cream and walk on the shore. Apparently it's the second longest coastline in India or something, so I hear. It was also my first time riding on Jesintha's motorcycle, which was very exciting.

It's been a nice, relaxing last couple of days, and this afternoon Hannah, Christina, Jesintha, and I are leaving to go to Pondicherry to stay with some family for the weekend. It'll be really interesting to see some new areas and to get a feel for other parts of the country.

This week, many of my friends left for both Peru and Jordan, so it's been neat to know people I love are currently spread all over the globe, from Lima to Lawrenceville.

Have a wonderful day, wherever in the world you are :)
The appetizing egg burger :)
Hannah and I at the beach

1 comment:

  1. Now I like the Happy Meal deal...the bag you get with it. Why can't we have something like that here-LOL!!

    ReplyDelete